August 2009- Update
Mom says that since we are now on Facebook, the blog gets neglected. We try to post once a month, but as you can see it's been awhile. So this is what we've been doing since May...
In June I got finished with school and graduated from my first year of preschool! Here I am getting my diploma with Ms. Janet.
Then Liam and I did swimming lessons- the pool was a little too cold for me and I usually only lasted about 15 minutes- but it was still lots of fun.
Liam loves the water- here he is in our splash pool in the backyard.
We went hiking a couple of times- once to Black Diamond Mines and another time to Mt. Diablo. Dad says we need to figure out a better way for me to hike, because the jogging stroller just didn't cut it!
In July we were away from Rio Vista most of the time. After our week in San Rafael with Mom, Grandma and Auntie Kris we flew to Illinois to visit with Grandma and Grandpa. We saw lots of friends and family and mom forgot to take pictures! Some of mommy's college friends and their kids came and stayed over for a couple of nights- it was pretty fun. If you are on Facebook you can see some of the pictures her friends posted- along with all of our videos (we don't put them on youtube anymore, Mom says we need to streamline our technology a bit). Our biggest adventure in July was our trip to Minnesota for my therapy camp. We drove up with Grandma and Grandpa in their RV and met Daddy there. I spent 8 days at the camp- with 6 hours of therapy each day. It was quite intense, but I worked hard (so did mom and dad since they were learning how to do everything for me). The camp is based on the Masgutova Method- which is based on the integration of reflex patterns. I have lots of reflexes that are not fully integrated or are "pathological", meaning I have the opposite response of what I should have. Now Mom and Dad have to continue all of the exercises at home, which takes lots of time, but we hope it will help me to move a bit easier. Already I have less tone, less spasticity in my neck, my eyes move easier, and my back is holding me up a bit better. Here are some of the pics:
Anna Regner, speech therapist (Poland)
Art Therapy- I loved it!
While I was at camp, Liam was hanging with Grams and Gramps in the RV. We had a campfire one night too.
It was Liam's birthday in July- right when we got back from Minnesota. He had Dilly Dally the clown come to his party. She made the coolest balloon animals and the best face painting ever! I got a balloon turtle for my wrist and Liam got a long snake that he could bat at people with. Then I got a spider painted on my face and Liam got a snake. Auntie Kris made the cakes and cupcakes (of course)- Mema came from RI and Auntie Erin and Auntie Monster came too- along with a bunch of Rio Vista friends.
Finally we're to August- Mema and Grandpa T came so mom and dad could go away for their anniversary weekend (we won't bore you with their pictures though). We had such a fun time. We also did more swimming lessons, but didn't get any pictures this time. Right before school started we went with Daddy down to So Cal for his conference in Long Beach. We got to stay in Huntington Beach- right on the beach! Mom took us for a long walk on the beach every morning and then we went to visit friends. We saw mom's old teacher friends, running friends, and Dad's old work friends. We saw Aunties Kris and Mandie too, along with Grandma. We only took a few pictures though...
Our good friend Taylor Rohrbaugh
Our morning walk on the beach.
Liam loved the toilet paper in the bathroom.
I also started school last week! I was so excited on my first day...
Here I am in my new shirt and spiky hairdo.
Wagon ride at recess.
Down the slide!
Everyone likes to push me in the wagon...
... and ride with me too!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home